Contact Us>>
Free Quote>>
Moving Overseas Guide>>
Customers Information>>
Removals News>>
Site Map>>
City Removals Guides>>
To get a free quote of your move click the
button below and fill out our online form:

Phone No:
Time to call:
Your email:
Answer 6 + 1:
To get a free quote of your move click
the button below:

For further information on the
Currencies Direct service please
click here...

International Removals Cyprus | Removals Cyprus | Shipping UK to Cyprus
Free Quote Free Quote Free Quote Free Quote Free Quote Free Quote Free Quote Free Quote Free Quote

Removals to Switzerland . European Removals . Moving to Switzerland

Moving Partnership provides removals to Switzerland. We can assist you with all aspects of your European house move – from packing and cleaning in the home you are leaving, to transporting your belongings overseas and clearing your cargo through customs.

Removals to Switzerland – click here to read more about our removals service

Or click here for a free online moving quote

International Removals to Cyprus
– click here to read about our removals service.

We source quotes from hundreds of removals companies worldwide, which enables us to pass on greatly reduced prices for your European Removals. Our service applies to both house moves, commercial and corporate relocations. We can also assist you with moving specialist items such as pets, vehicles and machinery; arranging removals insurance and packing and storage services.

We have put together the following moving guide to help you research your new life in Switzerland. Please note that all information is believed to be correct at the time of writing. Any important details should be checked with our European removals department before your departure.

Moving to Switzerland: Visas and Work Permits

EU nationals may enter Switzerland for up to three months without the need for a visa. During this time they are permitted to look for work and once a job has been offered a work and residence permit can be applied for. This is an essential requirement for anyone wishing to work or run a business in this country.

If they do not find employment within the first three months, then they can apply for a short-term residence permit, called an L-Permit. This enables them to continue job-hunting for another three months.

For a Swiss employer to take on a non-national, they must be able to prove that they couldn’t fill the position with a local citizen. Checks also have to be made that the pay and working conditions awarded to the employee are comparable with local and industry specific standards.

Once a non-national has gained a work and residence permit they are entitled to live in a particular canton, and work for a named employer or run a business. Their spouse, children, parents or grandparents will also be granted residence. The spouse will be allowed to work provided that his or her pay and working conditions are found to be comparable to local and industry standards. Children, parents and grandparents may not work and must be supported financially by the working family member.

It is possible for EU nationals to move to Switzerland to retire, provided that they meet the minimum financial requirements deemed necessary to support themselves and have an adequate health insurance policy to cover their medical costs.

Moving to Switzerland: Business and Taxes

Taxes in Switzerland are lower than in other European countries, which makes Switzerland a popular place for EU nationals to start a business. There is also less bureaucracy in Swiss business regulation than in the UK and other European countries, which can speed up the process of getting the business started. It is essential to take advice on how to structure the company in the most tax efficient way, as the tax laws in Switzerland are fairly complicated. Each canton has a different tax regime, so where you register is an important business decision.

Unlike the UK where a person can set a business up with virtually no capitol, you will require a minimum of 20,000 Swiss Francs to set up a business in Switzerland. There are two main types of business entity for foreign investors, which include a Limited Liability Company and a Corporation.

A limited Liability Company (Sàrl) is an ideal choice for a small business, as it requires the least amount of share capitol (20,000 Swiss Francs) and is easier to set up than a Corporation. This business type requires a minimum of two people to start the company and one of the directors must be a Swiss resident.

A corporation (SA) is the most common type of company set up, and is suited to medium to large businesses. This company type requires a minimum share capitol of 100,000 Swiss Francs, of which 50,000 must be deposited at the time of incorporation. Swiss corporations require that the majority of board directors are Swiss residents.

Moving to Switzerland: Schools

All children in Switzerland must attend school by law between the ages of 6 and 15. Schooling starts with optional pre-school (école enfantine), followed by primary (école primaire) and secondary school (école secondaire). At the age of 15, the student may go on to study at a college of further education, attend vocational training or complete their vocational school leaving certificate.

Schools in Switzerland include public schools, private schools, International and boarding schools. Public school education is managed individually by each Canton, which means that each has its own variations in curriculum. The standard of education is very high here and due to Switzerland’s multi-cultural and multi-lingual society, children from all nationalities can find it easy to settle in.

Parents can register their child for primary or secondary school by taking their residence permit or workplace certificate along with proof of health care insurance to the school of their choice. Students who are not residents must attend the public primary or secondary school in the area where they live, or pay to attend a private or international school.

Moving to Switzerland: Health Care

Health care insurance is compulsory in Switzerland and must be taken out within three months of entering the country or within three months of birth. Civil servants and members of permanent missions and their families are the only persons who are exempt from this.

There are different health insurance policies that people residing in Switzerland can take out. All policies cover part of the cost of medical care and hospitalisation and the insured person pays for the rest, up to a maximum of 2500 Swiss Francs. The percentage that the individual person pays varies depending on the premium paid.

A private health care insurance policy can also be taken out to supplement the above, to cover the insured person for private hospitalisation and dental treatment.

Removals to Switzerland – Contact us now to discuss your move.

Removals to France Removals to Germany removals to Italy Removals to Switzerland Removals to Spain Removals to Belgium Removals to Luxembourg Removals to Netherlands

Sweden Denmark Norway Portugal

Information on moving in the European Union  Information on moving international removals